How to Apply - Class of 2024
Applications for the Class of 2024 are now open. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we are currently able to provide awards to ALL applicants who meet our academic criteria, demonstrate readiness to succeed in college and have unmet need for the college they will attend.
We encourage all to apply.
We are moving this year to a fully online Application System to make it easier for you to apply. The application has three parts. Follow the instructions below in each one of the sections. The application will walk you through the data required and allow you to upload required documents. Click 2024 SFIRC Application - All Forms and Instructions for an overview of requirements and deadlines and forms you will need to complete. These forms will also be available to download inside the Application Portal.
Part One: Eligibility Screen due by Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Click here to REGISTER and LOGIN to our online application system.
Complete your Profile and then a simple Eligibility Form. If you meet basic eligibility requirements, including residency, academic minimums and are likely to have unmet financial need, we will email you with a link to complete your Part Two Full Application.
Eligibility screens submitted after January 31, 2024 will not be considered for a scholarship this award year.
Part Two: Full Application due by February 9, 2024 and Zoom Intake Interview by February 14, 2024
Complete and submit your Full Application via our online application system by February 9, 2024.
Complete a Zoom Intake Interview by February 14, 2024. We will review your Full Application and invite you to schedule a Zoom Intake Interview using an online appointment calendar.
Click for Part Two Requirements.
Part Three: School Decision Intake and Student and Parent Interview by mid-March to early April
Provide information on your School Decision – Mid-to-late March. Submit your Final School Choice (or choices, if decision not final) and supporting information via our Application Portal.
Complete a Student and Parent Interview – Late March – Early April. Zoom interview appointments will be scheduled in mid-March and will be conducted in late March and early April.
Click for Part Three Requirements.
Get Prepared. Understand and gather information you'll need to complete your application, even before you start. Get your FSA IDs, for yourself and your parents and, in some cases, step-parents. This year students and parents each need to have an FSA ID and submit their information themselves.
Complete and submit your application EARLY, well before our deadlines. We can help you resolve issues any issues. Applications submitted at the deadline will not have the benefit of this time to resolve any issues and may not be accepted. We want you to succeed.
Schedule your Intake Appointment. After we review your Full Application, we'll let you know when it's time to schedule your Zoom Intake Interview. You will have a choice of appointment times, which run between January 29 and February 9. Don't wait. You'll need to complete this step in order to continue with the application process.
Part Two: Full Application Requirements
Applicants who meet basic Eligiblity requirements will receive an email inviting them to complete a Full Application. The online application will guide you through providing the required information and documents. In addition to basic demographic, academic, and family information, we list below the documents and forms you will need. No application will be accepted unless ALL of the REQUIRED information is submitted by February 9, 2024. You may omit anything marked OPTIONAL or if required only for a specific type of applicant.
- Paying for College Worksheet – DRAFT [Form 1].
- Academic Resume [Form 2]. Must be on our form. You may neatly handwrite on this pdf or download and type into this MS Word version if you prefer. Required for HS seniors and college students who will have fewer than 48 credits earned in college by spring 2024.
- Activities and Honors Resume [Form 3]. Must be on our form. You may neatly handwrite on this pdf or download and type into this MS Word version if you prefer. Required for HS seniors and college students who will have fewer than 48 credits earned in college by spring 2024.
- Student and Parental Consent Form [Form 4].
- College transcript (unofficial). Required for College Student applicants.
- Photo of you (jpg, any portrait or candid is ok).
- HS Counselor’s Report. Required for HS seniors and college students who will have fewer than 48 credits earned in college by spring 2024. You will request this from your counselor via the Application System.
- 2022 Tax Returns for your parents and you, if filed. Like FAFSA, we base our need assessment on the prior year’s tax returns.
- FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). Get your FSA IDs now, if you don't have one. File your 2024-2025 FAFSA form online as early as possible after its December opening. Save your FSS (FAFSA Submission Summary) as pdf and upload it. Note: Before the FAFSA system opens, consider completing the Federal Student Aid Estimator to get a preview of your Student Aid Index (SAI). You will still need to complete the FAFSA but it can be useful to get an early look at your SAI using this estimator.
- Statement of Personal Academic Hardship OPTIONAL.
- Statement of Special Financial Circumstances/FAFSA Appeal OPTIONAL.
- College Savings Plan Info. Florida Prepaid and/or 529 info and balance info, where applicable.
- Richardson Supplemental Materials. Required for HS Seniors applying for Richardson Awards. Refer to Who Can Apply to see if you are qualified to apply. If applying, the following must be submitted with your Full Application.
- Leadership essay (500 words)
- Service essay (200 words)
- Two recommendations. Requests will be made via Application System.
Part Three: Requirements
Applicants who fully meet our application criteria (including residency, possible unmet financial need, academic performance, and readiness to succeed in college) will be invited to:
Provide School Decision information. Applicants will be asked to submit their Final School Choice information (if final school is not yet decided. Applicants will be able to update when decisions are made). Information must be submitted prior to Student and Parent Interview.
- Provide their School Decision Information via the application portal.
- Upload Letter of acceptance from the school you plan to attend.
- Upload Financial aid award letter from that school.
- Upload Cost of attendance (COA) documentation.
- Complete and upload Paying for College Worksheet - Final [Form 5].
- Complete and upload Statement of Other Financial Aid [Form 6]. These are local awards not listed on your financial aid award letter.
Schedule and attend a Student and Parent interview.
- Zoom interview appointments will be scheduled in mid-March and will be conducted in late March and early April. The student must be accompanied by one or both parents, unless designated an Independent Student on the FAFSA.
- The applicant will be notified of proposed appointment by email and must confirm (or reschedule) and attend their appointment. An applicant who does not confirm, reschedule or attend their appointed interview will be removed from consideration for an award this year.